About Me

My photo
i own a little vintage shop on the south coast by the sea, or at vintagepersempre.com. im married and we have a beautiful baby girl. i like going for walks on cold sunny days and trashy reality tv. i love small boutiques, markets and big city centers. im slightly dyslexic so you'll have to ignore my poor spelling, and i rarely use capital letters. my music taste is so varied, from country to screamo, oh and musicals. i love song lyrics, pretty photographs and modern art. i have many guilty pleasures and im really not very cool. im obsessed with drawings and tattoos of birds, but im genuinely terrified of real life ones. i guess you can read on to find out more (:

Wednesday 7 March 2012

jane eyre

another of my all time favourite books,
its just so romantic and lovely!

 

“do you think i am an automaton?  a machine without feelings? 
and can bear to have my morsel of bread snatched from my lips, and my drop of living water dashed from my cup? 
do you think, because i am poor, obscure, plain, and little, i am soulless and heartless? 
you think wrong! i have as much soul as you and full as much heart! 
and if God had gifted me with some beauty and much wealth, i should have made it as hard for you to leave me, as it is now for me to leave you. i am not talking to you now through the medium of custom, conventionalities, nor even of mortal flesh: it is my spirit that addresses your spirit; just as if both had passed through the grave, and we stood at God's feet, equal — as we are!” 



“it is a long way to Ireland, Janet, and i am sorry to send my little friend on such weary travels: but if i can't do better, how is it to be helped? are you anything akin to me, do you think, Jane?" 

i could risk no sort of answer by this time: my heart was still. 

"Because, he said, "i sometimes have a queer feeling with regard to you - especially when you are near me, as now: it is as if I had a string somewhere under my left ribs, tightly and inextricably knotted to a similar string situated in the corresponding quarter of your little frame. 
and if that boisterous channel, and two hundred miles or so of land some broad between us, i am afraid that cord of communion will be snapt; and then i've a nervous notion i should take to bleeding inwardly.
 as for you, - you'd forget me.” 


oh, i love it so much
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment